COVID-19 UPDATE NOTICE TO OUR PATIENTS
We appreciate the trust you place in us and want to keep you informed about how we are addressing the COVID-19 situation. We are closely monitoring events in our local community and continuously updating our policies and protocols as a result of new information.
We are committed to the health and welfare of our patients and staff members. We are doing everything we can to support both during these difficult times. Although we have resumed seeing patients in our office, we are doing so on a limited basis. Given the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, we will continue to provide telephone visits to all of our patients as well.
As always, our office continues to remain open daily to address all of your healthcare needs (medication refills, specialist referrals, questions, etc.).
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS OR ARE CONCERNED ABOUT RECENT EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
In an effort to protect our staff and other patients in our office, we ask that you contact our office at (972) 731-7717 to schedule a telephone visit with your doctor if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have a fever, or are concerned about possible exposure to the COVID-19 virus. During your telephone visit, your doctor will discuss your specific symptoms, address any questions you may have, and order testing if needed.
WE ARE HERE FOR ALL OF YOUR HEALTHCARE NEEDS
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will continue to evaluate our processes over the next few weeks. Our goal is to safely resume full clinic operations while protecting patients and staff members. We are committed to caring for each of our patients and staff in a safe and supportive manner, so rest assured that we will continue to expand our daily operations in a responsible way.
TELEPHONE VIRTUAL OFFICE VISITS
We want to assure you that our physicians and staff are ready to help with your healthcare needs. For your safety and convenience, we are still offering telephone visits to all of our patients through the end of July 2020. If you need to make an appointment or have an issue you need to discuss with your doctor, we encourage you to contact our office at (972) 731-7717 to schedule a telephone visit.
ANNUAL WELLNESS EXAMS / PHYSICALS
We are available to see patients face-to-face in our office for Annual Wellness Exams / Physicals. Contact our office at your earliest convenience to schedule your exam as these types of visits are filling up fast. Please note: due to most insurance requirements, these types of visits are only covered ONCE every 365 days – not once per calendar year.
FOLLOW-UP VISITS AND URGENT CARE ISSUES
We are available for face-to-face visits in our office for follow-up and most urgent care issues (excluding COVID-19 related symptoms).
SAFETY MEASURES WE ARE TAKING
We are strictly following the guidelines set forth by the CDC and public health officials to ensure the safety of our patients and staff members. We feel confident in our ability to resume seeing patients in a safe environment.
What we are doing to protect you at your next office visit:
- Following a strict regime of disinfection throughout the clinic using medical-grade disinfectants, UV Germicidal Lamps, and air filtering purifiers. We have also recently installed the Halo LED Air Purification System to all of our heating and air units to reduce airborne and surface contaminants throughout our office.
- Pre-screening our staff members for COVID-19 at the beginning of each day and not allowing anyone to work that has a fever or signs/symptoms of the virus.
- Pre-screening all patients for COVID-19 that enter our office.
- Limiting the number of patients we see on a daily basis so proper disinfecting procedures and social distancing can be maintained.
- Touch-free hand sanitizer stations have been installed for your use.
- Pre-screening all patients that contact our office to schedule an appointment.
- Any patients with COVID-19 related symptoms will not be seen in our office. Any symptomatic patients will be asked to schedule a telephone visit with their doctor immediately to discuss symptoms, testing, and treatment.
- COVID-19 educational information and infection-control practices are posted throughout our office.
- COVID-19 informational packets are available and offered to patients at each office visit. If you do not have an upcoming appointment but would like to request a packet of information, please contact our office and we will be happy to mail one to you.
- To facilitate contactless visits and ease of payment at your visit, we encourage you to pay your co-pay, deductible amount, or other billing amounts due when we call to confirm your appointment (one to two days prior to your visit).
Although we are taking these additional steps to protect you, it is not foolproof. We need your assistance as well with maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Patient requirements when visiting our office:
- All patients must wear a mask at all times when in our office (Texas Medical Board ruling effective May 1st). Due to limited personal protective supplies, we would greatly appreciate it if you could bring your own mask with you to your appointment. If you do not have one, we can provide a disposable mask to you upon entry.
- All patients must undergo a pre-screening process upon arrival to our office that includes taking your temperature and completing a brief health questionnaire.
- Since we are trying to limit the number of guests at our office, we ask that you come to your appointment alone and not bring any family members or guests (unless you require assistance).
- If you require someone to drive you to and from your appointment, please ask your companion to wait in the car during your appointment. This limits exposure to our other patients and staff members.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) please do not come to our office! Simply call us at (972) 731-7717 and we will arrange for your doctor to speak to you directly on the telephone about your symptoms, testing, and treatment if necessary.
Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty as we work together to fully resume daily operations at Frisco Primary Care!